Walk it out

Longer days and milder weather - 
make now the perfect time to step out!

 Did you know that walking is the most popular form of activity?  After all, humans are built for it!  It's something you're doing already in a daily life, so consider adding a few minutes her and there each day or if you're already walking, doing it more often or for more time.  Walk on your own terms: You can do it indoors or out, on a flat surface or incline, on a trail or sidewalk and you dont need to join a gym or buy pricey equipment to do it.  All you need is a comfortable pair of shoes.

According to Weight Watchers Weekly, how this helps is as the weather turns milder and the air is fresh and warm, getting outside for a walk can boost your mood and your physical health.  Research shows that brisk walking 30 minutes a day can help keep lost weight off.  Its also a great excuse to spend time with family or friends, be sure to keep a steady pace that still lets you chat easily.

So what can you do?  Plan your steps!!  Are you ready to walk it out?  Planning ahead will make it easier to increase your steps.  The WW Weekly gave a few suggestions of how to get moving-
  1.  I'll do:_____________ (ex. walking the dog)
  2.  I'll do it on: _________ (day/time)
  3.  I'll do it here:_________ (ex. around the block)
  4.  I'll do it for:___________ (ex. 10 minutes)
  5.  I'll do it with_____________ (if anyone) 
I know I've been taking advantage of the nicer weather and have been working hard on my couch to 5K program.  I don't have a treadmill so running/walking outside is my only option.  I've lost a few run days to bad weather, but I just try to get out there as long as the weather is nice.  I have been doing it while the kids are in school or when my husband is home so I don't have to try and figure out what to do with them.  I lose this luxury soon, when they finish school for the year.  So I need to come up with a plan B soon!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Burn 200 Calories (*based on a 135lb woman)

How To Get Started On An Exercise Program

Speak up for yourself