Sunday Vibes

So on my way home from my meeting this morning I decided to dust off a blog post that i used to do at the beginning of each week that reflects upon what I feel i did right and I what I feel I could do better in the coming week.  For some reason I stopped doing that, but I starting again today.  I think it's a good tool for me to look back upon and if it helps someone else along the way?  Even better!

Something else that has been on my mind a lot lately is my own feeling of "non-success" with attending weight watchers meetings.  Now I know there are going to be plenty of people that say "stick with it" but I should say that I'm not giving up on the program, but I am going to tailor it to me.   So over the past six months I've religiously attended my Sunday morning Weight Watchers meetings.  I love how the meeting feels.  I love the new people I've met.  However during these past six months what I haven't done is lost  much.  I have lost inches and I've lost a little over ten pounds.  But in the realness of it all, it should have been more.  Much more.  I don't blame the program.  The program works, when you work it.  I haven't been working it.  I've been falling into the same trap week after week-

Sunday - Weigh in, feel great after leaving the meeting, then go home and eat like I'm going to the chair.
Monday - It has become like a repeat performance of Sunday.  I hit the grocery every Monday and always buy myself a treat.  I try to stay on course, but never do.
Tuesday - Not usually as bad as Sunday and Monday, because the guilt is starting to set in.  But the points never look good when I log them in my tracker.
Wednesday - We're half way through the week and now I'm beginning to panic.  I've been weighing myself every morning and the numbers never look in my favor come Wednesday.  I always say to myself on Wednesday "get it together Jenn"
Thursday - I'm trying to be good, I usually stay fairly close to my points, but I'm hungry.
Friday - I'm still sticking to my points, I'm still hungry and I'm counting the hours until Sunday after the meeting.  I can't wait for the cycle to start again.
Saturday - You guessed it, I'm still hungry and usually I am damn near starving myself on Saturdays.  Saying to myself that I just need that number to go down.  That's all I need.
Sunday - Here we are at weigh in day again and guess what the scale didn't pop out that magical number that I somehow thought I deserved.  Shocking right? Especially after you know what my week looks like.

Now I have had many of my friends reach out and tell me what they've noticed from my Instagram food posts and what suggestions they have for me.  You know what?  They are all right on with what they say.  I'm not eating correctly.  I need to eat better.  I know this and I'm struggling hard to make this change, but I also LOVE food, I LOVE the wrong foods.  I need to learn how to develop a taste for the right ones.  I also need to stop finding excuses for not working out.  Because as the saying goes - someone that is far busier than I am has found the time to work out.

Now....some of this post I wrote prior to having my surprise surgery this past Tuesday to remove my gallbladder, but it pretty much holds true.  Although my relationship with food has changed a bit this week out of necessity and fear.  Who knows how long this will last, but I'm rolling with it while it does.  My plan going forward is to use the pay as you go method of Weight Watchers.  My prepaid membership expires on July 27th and I did not renew it.  I plan to attend the next two meetings to then get into a place where I can go on the first Sunday of every month for my "official weigh in".  I'll give this a try and see how it works.  It saves me some cash each month and will hopefully be a better fit matched with eating a little cleaner since my surgery. 

Here's to a great week and I look forward to sharing my Sunday thoughts with you next week.  Please feel free to interact!  I love feedback, I really do!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Burn 200 Calories (*based on a 135lb woman)

How To Get Started On An Exercise Program

Speak up for yourself