Make Your Meetings Matter

Show up each week and you’re more likely to win at losing. Here’s how to make it happen.

Weight Watchers meetings are so much more than stepping on the scale each week. You pick up lots of useful information, both from your leader and other members. Weight Watchers meetings are a welcoming community that help to keep you inspired and motivated. One of things we talk about in the meeting room is putting yourself first and this is a great way to do just that! “On the days that it’s the hardest to get to your meeting, are often the days you need it the most.”  We all know those days-the one where you “just know” that the scale is going to be up. But you don’t have to get on the scale. My leader always says - come for the meeting and then decide once you’re there if you want to face the scale. But it’s never “required”.

The Weight Watchers Weekly quotes some figures that state how much more weight you tend to lose when attending meetings. I’ll be the first to tell you I don’t fall into those statistics. But I really do believe that the meetings are beneficial. I’ve really come to enjoy going to my early Sunday morning meetings. I’ve committed to attending all the meetings I’ve enrolled for. I didn’t miss any during the time frame of January to the beginning of August. I skipped for vacation while I was in Maine. During that time I considered just switching to going monthly to save some money. But then I realized how much I missed my support group. We have a Facebook group where I’m able to connect with them throughout the week, but being in the room and being able to give a hug or get a hug is where it’s at when you’re on this journey.

So bottom line, even if Weight Watchers isn’t your kind of thing there are plenty of other groups you can join online or elsewhere that will help support you on your journey. Find one!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Burn 200 Calories (*based on a 135lb woman)

Speak up for yourself

How To Get Started On An Exercise Program