Trouble Zones Part II
Muffin top is not a phrase any of us EVER wants to hear. So here are two workouts aimed at toning up and slimming down your waistline.
Fallen Triangle (Targets shoulders, abs, obliques and inner thighs)
- Start on the ground in a full push up position. Balance on your hands and feet with arms extended making your body into a straight line from head to heels
- Move into a side plank, shifting your body weight to your left hand and rotating your body to extend your right arm directly up, palm forward, as you bring your extended left leg under torso and to the right. Pulse left leg up and down 1 inch 5 times
Tightening Tilt (Targets shoulders, abs, obliques, butt and legs)
- Stand with your heels together, toes turned out, arms by sides
- Bring bent knee out to your side at hip level, touching toes to left knee, as you raise extended arms out to the side at shoulder level, palms down
- Keeping upper body tall, hinge from hips 45 degrees to the left so torso is on a diagonal, looking towards your left hand. Hold this position for 4 counts then straighten up your torso.
- Do 8 reps, balancing on left leg throughout, switch sides and repeat. So 2 sets.
Fitness Magazine July/August 2011