Back of Arms
Lets face it having your arms wave back can be heart breaking. Here are two workouts aimed at tightening that skin in the back of your arms and a few other places too!
Spider Man Press Up (Targets chest, triceps, abs, obliques, butt and hips)
- Start on the ground in full push up position, balancing on hands and feet with your arms extended, your body will form a straight line from head to heels. (Make it easier by doing this move on your knees)
- Bring a bent right knee out to side at hip level as you bend your elbows 90 degrees, keeping your arms tucked close into your ribs, so that you touch your right knee to your elbow.
- Press up and return to start
- Do 8 reps, switch sides and repeat. Do 2 sets.
Sunburst Slimmer (Targets shoulders, chest, back, triceps, abs and butt)
- Start on ground on all fours, then extend your right leg behnd you parallel to the ground, toes pointed
- Bending your elbows and keeping them close to your ribs, glide your torso forward to lower chin and chest toward the ground while lifting right leg. Return to start.
- Do 5 reps, switch legs and repeat. Do 2 sets.
Why it hits the spot? By keeping your elbows closer to your ribs than in typical push up position you increase the workout to your triceps.
Fitness Magazine July/August 2011