Favorite Workouts Part Five
If you like to bike...
Focus on targeting your hips, glutes and legs with endurance based strength moves as well as core stabilizing exercises. How this benefits your next cycle session? More pedal power and fewer aches and pains when you log extra miles
All you need is a stability ball to get this workout going.
- Jump Lunge: targets glutes, quads, hamstrings and calves
- Lunge forward with left left, bending left knee 90 degrees, keep knee directly over ankle
- From here jump forward 4-6 inches without switching legs, using arms for momentum
- Stand up, do 5-10 reps, then switch sides and repeat
- Lie down with your belly over the ball, feet hip width apart, legs extended and feet anchored to the bottom of a wall
- Lift your chest off the ball while raising both arms out 45 degrees, palms down
- Hold for 3 counts and lower back to start, do 10-20 reps
- Lie face up on the floor with calves on the ball, feet flexed and arms stretched out over head
- Lift hips about 6 inches off the floor, forming a straight line from feet to shoulders
- Slowly roll the ball toward glutes, until knees are bent 90 degrees and feet are flat on the ball
- Slowly roll ball back to start and repeat, do 10- 20 reps