Trouble Zones IV
Get killer thighs for those leggings this winter with these moves:
Lookout Lunge (Targets shoulders, back, butt, quads and hamstrings)
- Stand with feet hip width apart and extend arms over your head, palms facing each other.
- Lunge forward with left leg, bending your knee 90 degrees, with your right leg behind you
- Hinge forward from hips about 45 degrees, keeping your back flat, so that your torso and arms point diagonally up
- Rotate palms out and lower your arms to the side, then raise arms again, turning your palms in
- Maintaining lunge, lower and raise arms 8 times. Switch legs and repeat.
- Do 2 sets of 10
- Stand with feet wider than shoulder width apart, toes turned out slightly arms by side
- Lower into plie, knees bent 90 degrees and extend arms overhead, palms forward (make it easier by keeping hands on hips)
- Slowly hinge forward from hips until torso is nearly parallel to the ground, keeping back flat and stretching arms forward
- Slowly raise torso back to plie position, then return to start
- Do 2 sets of 10 reps
Fitness Magazine July/August 2011