Week Two....Lesson Learned


Week two is complete. Gained this week. Two pounds to be exact. I learned a few lessons. First is diet cheat day...not for people starting out. Having diet cheat day two days in a row. Giant mistake. I don't have much self control when it comes to not splurging. I'm working on that. Second is this week I'm not swapping activity points. I logged in and shut that off. Otherwise I'm adding more movement in for nothing. I'm eating what I'm burning and that defeats the point. Third is I need to plan a little better. I seem to leave myself stranded for dinner time points. Then I break into the bonus points, then the activity points. 

Now for the positives. I earned 38 Activity Points for the week. I'm pretty impressed by that. I did an Actove a Link assessment to see where my current "activity level" is and when you're in the assessment, you kind of just do business as usual. Which I did. The end of my assessment was Tuesday, so on Wednesday I stepped up my activity by taking a walk after work at the park. Then Thursday on lunch I took a walk instead of running errands like I usually do. So that helped me reach my point target for the day. I've been drinking more water. I've been keeping up with my August Water Challenege. I've been making better choices for lunch and dinner and packing my meals everyday for work. I also didn't go to the vending machine at all for the last two weeks at all. 

So even though I had a gain this week, I'm not going to let that get me down. I see where I made mistakes and I'm making changes this week so I won't make them again. Now, with that said, it'll be a little tough since I'm on vacation this week! It's a stay-cation, but...I'm home and it's less structured than bringing my lunch bag to work everyday. Maybe I'll still pack my bag and commit to eat from there. 

So my goals for this next week are:
1. Keep moving-making sure I hit my Activity goal everyday
2. Keep up with the water
3. No trading of activity points 
4. Plan for the next day-every morning 

Wish me luck!🍀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Burn 200 Calories (*based on a 135lb woman)

How To Get Started On An Exercise Program

Speak up for yourself