What Inspires You?


There are a few things that inspire me ~

1. My children are first on the list.  I base the decisions I make, actions I take and words that I speak based on the fact that I want my children to be proud that I am their mother. Even when it comes to diet and exercise I want to lead by example.  I try not to hang my hat on the "do what I say not what I do" theory of parenting (always harder to do than say!). I want my children to see me eating right and being active.  

2. Other peoples success. No matter the size of the success, seeing someone else do something they didn't think they could or try something they never thought they would-it makes me feel good. Seeing my friends post their workouts on Facebook motivates me to go take a walk or even take the stairs in place of the elevator. It pushes me to do things out of my comfort level and to put a little extra effort in when I think I'm all out. 

3. Sharing. That's why I began sharing my daily food diary and now my weekly weigh-ins. By sharing them with essentially anyone who wants to look-I'm putting myself out there.  We all know that's a double edge sword, because you are bound to get some less than desirable feedback from time to time. But without hearing comments and critism, I'll never push myself harder the next time. It puts me in competition with myself. 

What inspires you?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways to Burn 200 Calories (*based on a 135lb woman)

How To Get Started On An Exercise Program

Speak up for yourself